Reserve A Field
The purpose of this site is to establish a system for the equitable and orderly distribution of the City of O’Fallon athletic facilities. The fields located within O’Fallon and Shiloh are utilized for multiple sports from season to season. Fields are maintained by the Parks’ Grounds Crew.
Individuals wishing to use O’Fallon Parks’ public athletic facilities in an “as is” condition, may do so during normal park operating hours, providing that the field has not been prepared for play later in the day or that another party has not previously reserved fields for use. There is no charge for such use.
Athletic Facilities are in high demand. In order to reserve an unprepped field for practice or reserve a prepared field for a practice or game, a Field Rental Application must be submitted and approved by O’Fallon Parks and Recreation. OPR has the right to refuse use if space is not available or if the activity for which the rental is requested is objectionable.
All players and spectators are expected to follow the guidelines within the field usage policy as well as the field rental application document. Failure to comply with the guidelines may result in forfeiture of security deposit, payment of additional damage fees, if applicable, and loss of facility use privileges.
O’Fallon Parks and Recreation reserves the right to modify these policies and procedures and to develop and enforce additional rules and regulations as may be required for the protection of the parks, individual facilities, and the users of the parks.
Athletic Field Allocation Priority Matrix
The O’Fallon Parks and Recreation department strives to provide athletic fields and facilities across all groups at a fair and consistent price. OPRD has established priority
Reservations for practices will be taken on seasonal basis until space is filled (Monday-Thursday)
Soccer Field Reservations
- Fall Season (August – November) Taken prior April 1
- Winter Season (December- May (mid)) Taken prior December 1
- Summer Season (May – July) Taken prior February 1
- Spring/Summer (March – July) Taken prior December 1
- Fall (August – October) Taken prior April 1
- Field reservation applications start booking 15 months prior to season
- Conflicting date request will be resolved using the following criteria:
- Number of anticipated out of town teams (based on history)
- Length of tournament & number of fields required
- Number of anticipated teams
- Number of hotel rooms required
If no conflict, appropriate tournament and rental application must be completed along with non-refundable security deposited (applied to rental fee).
However, from time to time it is necessary to prioritize groups due to quantity discounts, economic impact potential, internal activities, etc.
In such cases the following priority level exists:
|1||Internal programmings such as our O&S baseball/softball, Lacrosse, O&S soccer, or KiXX United FC training|
|2||Economic Impact potential: Groups such as SLSYA, SISL, SWIBL and SISBl|
|3||Groups with multiple tournament bookings: Large organizations who host multiple tournaments, bring in multiple out of town teams for games, and book fields for training/practice.|
|4||Legacy books: Groups who have consistently booked dates year over year and paid their balance in a timely manner|
Requests outside of these will be distributed evenly across all available times.
At all-time O’Fallon Parks and Recreation will have the right to overrule or adjust these priority levels based on the circumstance.
Field Usage Policy
In order to maintain a high level of service to our participants, the O’Fallon Parks and Recreation Department (OPRD) enforces a Field Usage Policy that all participants must follow. OPRD staff appreciates your cooperation in creating a friendly and positive environment for recreation and social opportunities in all its facilities.
Participation in all recreational programs is a privilege. All participants in recreation programs or who utilize recreation facilities, agree to adhere to the following Field Usage Policy.
Participants are expected to:
- Treat staff and facilities with respect.
- Act with character and courtesy while respecting the rights, welfare, and dignity of all others in OPRD Recreation Facilities.
- Adhere to the rules & policies set by OPRD Sports Park in its facilities and programs.
- Act in a safe, responsible manner regarding themselves and others.
- Coaches/teams are not allowed to poach, recruit, or contact any other members of other clubs that are using the same facility field spaces. Any team or coach found poaching, will be in violation of this contract and IMMEDIATELY removed from the facility and will no longer be allowed to rent field space at O’Fallon Family Sports Park.
Participants engaging in inappropriate behavior or violating OPRD/Sports Park policies in the Recreational facilities may be subject to have their privileges of participation revoked and could face possible disciplinary action.
- RESPONSIBLE PARTY. A responsible adult must be present at all times when the field is occupied by the user. That individual is responsible for damage to property, as well as the supervision and control of all group participants, officials, and spectators during use of the field.
- FIELD CONDITIONS. Good judgment must be used when assessing field conditions: the field is NOT to be used when conditions are such that said use is likely to cause injury to participants or result in damages to the playing surface.
- BEHAVIOR. The violent or threatening behavior of participants, officials, spectators or any other person(s) participating in or attending the permitted activity that may jeopardize the safety of others is prohibited and must be prevented, controlled, and/or addressed immediately. Failure to adequately address behavioral issues could result in termination of field use. The user is required to have a code of conduct and disciplinary guidelines in place prior to the use of the premises.
- CONCESSIONS. Applicants are prohibited from operating concessions without written consent of the O’Fallon Parks and Recreation Department or their designate.
- PRIVATE TRAINING. Private training is prohibited on O’Fallon Parks and Recreation property without the written consent of O’Fallon Parks and Recreation Department or their designate.
- UNAUTHORIZED USE. The user shall only use the premises only for those purposes described in this letter. Use of the premises at times or dates other than those specifically provided for herein must be approved in advance by OPRD.
- CANCELLATION. OPRD reserves the right to deny, put on probation, or cancel use of the premises for any reasonable cause or violation. Reasonable cause is defined as any violation of the terms of this agreement or any of the responsibilities defined under the Field Rental Agreement. Every attempt will be made to give the permittee adequate notice of any cancellation or denial.
- ASSIGNMENT OF USE. The user shall not assign or sublet any part of the premises without the written consent of the O’Fallon Parks and Recreation Department.
- DISCRIMINATION. The user shall not discriminate against any person in the use of said premises because of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or genetic information.