Official Fan Guide
It is important that parents observe the guidelines established by the O’Fallon Family Sports Park. We strive to hold ourselves to a high standard.
I will …
Be encouraging, supportive and affirmative/ in regard to my child’s play on the field — no coaching
Respect officials and accept their decisions
Support the coach, manager and the team
Volunteer my services and talents when possible
Familiarize myself with the Laws of the Game
Comply with the rules, policies, and procedures of my team or club as they apply to me.
I will discuss my child…
Only with my coach
Not with the manager or any other person
Only at a time mutually agreed up on by the coach
Never prior to, during or directly after a game
Further, I will never…
Verbally address any official regarding their calls
Engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach manager, player or parent
Coaches Code of Conduct
This Coaches Code of Conduct has been developed to clarify and define the standards of professional, ethical and moral behavior from coaches affiliated with O’Fallon Parks & Recreation youth sports
1. I will emphasize that the game is played for fun, and for the benefit of youth, not adults.
2. I will act as a role model by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and game officials –
regardless of race, color, gender, religion, or ability.
3. I will not engage in any kind unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, player, parent, or spectator such
as booing and taunting, refusing to shake hands, or using profane language or gestures.
4. I will teach my team to play within the spirit and intentions of the rules and laws of the game.
5. I will refrain from criticizing the game officials and will respect their authority and decisions during
6. I will never place the value of winning over the safety and welfare of the players.
7. I will not encourage, invite, nor recruit any player from an opposing team to join my child’s team during
the playing season.
I understand that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned Coaches Code of Conduct, I will be subject to
disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
- Verbal warning by an official or parks and recreation staff member
- Game forfeiture through an official or parks and recreation staff member
- Season Long Suspension with written documentation to be kept on file with O’Fallon Parks & Rec
- Suspension from coaching in any O’Fallon Parks & Rec league/tournament/program to be kept on file
with O’Fallon Parks & Rec